11 Tips to Protect Yourself from Email Phishing
Posted by Jeffrey Huckaby 10/19/2010
Email Security Do’s
- Do unsubscribe from legitimate mailing lists that you no longer read.
- Do manually type the web address into your browser.
- Do delete spam immediately.
- Do keep your OS, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam software updated.
Email Security Don’ts
- Don’t trust links in emails. They may be hiding the real link.
- Don’t trust the “From” address in emails. It can be spoofed.
- Don’t trust phone numbers or mailing addresses in emails.
- Don’t open attachments or instant message downloads.
Email Security Tips
- Consider using multiple emails addresses for different purposes.
- Consider switching to secure email communication methods such as SMTP/POP3 over SSL.
- Consider using integrated email security services to identify malware, phishing, spam and viruses.
Send in Your Tips
Do you have some foolproof way to stop phishing? Let us know.
Add CommentCommenting is not available in this section entry.
Recent Blog Posts
Jeffrey Huckaby Honored in Fifth-Annual MSPmentor 250
Posted by rackAID 01/03/2013
Improve CRO, SEO and Usability with these Simple Tools
Posted by Jeffrey Huckaby 10/31/2012
12 Point Server Maintenance Checklist
Posted by Jeffrey Huckaby 10/29/2012